Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Finds (15 Aug 2014)


Friday Finds is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading where you share the book titles you discovered or heard about during the past week. These can be books you were told about, books you discovered while browsing blogs/bookstores online, or books that you actually purchased. I think this is a great idea and a way to share my enthusiasm of discovering new books.

Bones Never Lie: (Temperance Brennan 17)BONES NEVER LIE by Kathy Reichs (It's been a while since I've read a book by Kathy Reichs, as a result I haven't been keeping in touch with her series. Random House kindly provided me a copy of this and I'm looking forward to jumping back into the world of Temperance Brennan).

A match was obtained on DNA sample 7426 to Canadian national number 64899, identified as:

Anique Pomerleau, White/Female

DOB: 12/10/75

The subject is currently not in custody.

For a decade, Temperance Brennan has been haunted by the monster.

Anique Pomerleau. Killer of young women. The one who got away.

The one who has now come back.

Feeding on fear, grief and rage.

Killing again. Killing girls.

Getting closer.

Coming for Tempe.


The Trail to Buddha's Mirror (Neal Carey, #2)The Trail to Buddha's Mirror by Don Winslow (the second book in the Neal Carey series. I've recently started reading A COOL BREEZE ON THE UNDERGROUND and will need to add this one to my 'wishlist').

Book two of the Neal Carey mystery series: PI Neal Carey is back on the hunt—this time on a chase across the back alleys and backwoods of China in pursuit of a missing scientist and his beautiful mistress

After a case gone bad, all PI Neal Carey wants to do is drop off the face of the earth. Instead, he’s asked to travel halfway around the world in pursuit of an AWOL scientist who’s taken a lucrative chemical formula to China. When Carey learns the scientist has fallen in love and shacked up with a beautiful woman, he figures he’ll solve the case in no time. But in the twisting streets of Hong Kong and vast reaches of China’s wilderness, Carey finds secrets that run deeper than a simple love affair—secrets that threaten to once again tear his life apart.

4 comments:

  1. I do enjoy the Temperance Brennan series too - I hope you enjoy this episode. Here are my FF http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/friday-finds-august-15/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read them each time they came out, however I lost track in recent years. Am looking forward to this one though :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this! I love mystery series and hadn't heard of the Neal Carey ones.

    Mine is a mystery series too, but there will only be three of them. http://wp.me/pZnGI-b9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Neal Carey books are early Winslow; a different feel to is later novels but still enjoyable.

      Delete