Monday, December 1, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey. In order to get some consistency to my posting I thought I’d jump on board this great idea. As a self-proclaimed bookaholic, I love talking about my books and finding out what others are reading. Having been a long time reader of multiple blogs where the ‘It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?’ post is prevalent, I thought it a natural progression I’d add to the mix.

Last week I posted the following reviews:

SEVERANCE by Chris Bucholz (sci-fi)

THE COLD COLD GROUND by Adrian McKinty (crime)

HEADSTONE CITY by Tom Piccirilli (crime/horror)

This week I'm continuing my love of audiobooks and aim to finish (or come close to) CONTROL FREAK by Christa Faust while also delving into an old fav in AMERICAN SKIN by Ken Bruen (one of his best book and a worth re-read).

Control FreakCONTROL FREAK by Christa Faust, narrated by Ann Carver

In this erotic horror novel, a grisly murder in New York City's downtown meat-packing district leads hardboiled crime writer Caitlin McCullough into the depths of a secret sadomasochistic underground: a perverse playground for the rich and twisted, where anything goes and nothing is taboo. There, Caitlin must risk everything to find not only the truth surrounding the murder, but the dark truth hidden inside herself. 



American SkinAMERICAN SKIN by Ken Bruen

Stephen Blake is a good man blown in bad directions. He and girlfriend Siobhan, best friend Tommy, IRA terrorist Stapleton, and a particularly American sort of psychopath named Dade, are all on a collision course somewhere on the road between the dive bars of New York, and the pitiless desert of the Southwest.

2 comments: