Monday, December 8, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey. In order to get some consistency to my posting I thought I’d jump on board this great idea. As a self-proclaimed bookaholic, I love talking about my books and finding out what others are reading. Having been a long time reader of multiple blogs where the ‘It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?’ post is prevalent, I thought it a natural progression I’d add to the mix.

Last week I posted the following reviews:


AMERICAN SKIN by Ken Bruen (noir)

A CONFUSION OF PRINCES by Garth Nix (Sci-fi)

SHADOWMAN: FEAR, BLOOD, AND SHADOWS by Peter Milligan (horror)

This week I'm returning to my favorite fantasy series; The Shadows of The Apt by Adrian Tchaikovsky for the final book in the 10 book series. I hope we see more novels set in this world, even if it's to explore the Commonweal and the 12yr war - fingers crossed! 

Seal of the Worm (Shadows of the Apt, #10)SEAL OF THE WORM by Adrian Tchaikovsky 

The Empire stands victorious over its enemies at last. With her chief rival cast into the abyss, Empress Seda now faces the truth of what she has cost the world in order to win the war. The Seal has been shattered, and the Worm stirs towards the light for the first time in a thousand years. Already it is striking at the surface, voraciously consuming everything its questing tendrils touch. Faced with this threat, Seda knows that only the most extreme of solutions can lock the Worm back in the dark once again. But if she will go to such appalling lengths to save the world from the Worm, then who will save the world from her? The last book in the epic critically acclaimed Shadows of the Apt series.

12 comments:

  1. It is always sad to read the last book in a series. That cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree - all the covers for this series are excellent :-)

      Delete
  2. Seal Of The Worm looks really interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series itself is quite unique and engaging. I highly recommend giving it a shot - start with EMPIRE OF BLACK AND GOLD, the first in the series.

      Delete
  3. It's fun to follow a series all the way to its final book. I used to read more series before but time constraints have changed that and I miss it. Hope this last book ends well and you enjoy how the author brings it all to an end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do prefer standalone reads but find that in the fantasy genre it's hard to come across those. This series is the longest I've stuck with.

      Delete
  4. I hope the final book lives up to your expectations!

    Have a great reading week!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I haven't heard of this one! Sounds pretty cool to me! I'll check it out!

    Melissa @ Must Read Faster
    http://mustreadfaster.blogspot.com/2014/12/its-monday-my-tbr-stack-for-this-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting books, have fun this week with your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm enjoying Seal Of The Worm so far.

      Delete