Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Favorite Reads of 2014

With the year almost over I thought I'd post my favorite reads of 2014. Unlike my earlier Year's Best in Crime Fiction list which focused on that genre and books published in 2014, this list is more eclectic and contains both new and older books. 

A couple of caveats: firstly, I didn't include re-reads nor did I include multiples of 'series' (with a certain trilogy being the exception).

Without further preamble and in no particular order, of the 150-ish books I read in 2014 - these were the cream of the crop: 

*click on the links below the covers for reviews

A Swollen Red Sun  American Psycho  El Gavilan

A SWOLLEN RED SUN by Matthew McBride

AMERICAN PSYCHO by Bret Eastern Ellis

EL GAVILAN by Craig McDonald

Seal of the Worm (Shadows of the Apt, #10)  The Fever  Lost Things: A Novella

SEAL OF THE WORM by Adrian Tchaikovsky

THE FEVER by Megan Abbott 

LOST THINGS by John Rector

Mona  The Cold Cold Ground  The Girl With All The Gifts




and... lastly, The Southern Reach Trilogy:

Annihilation (Southern Reach Trilogy, #1)  Authority (Southern Reach Trilogy, #2)  Acceptance (Southern Reach Trilogy, #3)

ANNIHILATION by Jeff Vandermeer

AUTHORITY by Jeff Vandermeer

ACCEPTANCE by Jeff Vandermeer

No comments:

Post a Comment