Monday, March 2, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey. In order to get some consistency to my posting I thought I’d jump on board this great idea. As a self-proclaimed bookaholic, I love talking about my books and finding out what others are reading. Having been a long time reader of multiple blogs where the ‘It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?’ post is prevalent, I thought it a natural progression I’d add to the mix.

Last week I posted the following (just the one review):


Review: ASYLUM CITY by Liad Shoham

Book Giveaway: THE BURIED LIFE by Carrie Patel 

Blog Tour: AURORA CENTRALIS by Amanda Bridgeman

Here's what I plan on reading this week (and it's a diverse mix yet again):

RunnerRUNNER by Thomas Perry (I've enjoyed everything I've read by Perry (STRIP, FIDELITY, NIGHTLIFE) so far and have high hopes for RUNNER. It's a 'series' book yet I'm having no trouble jumping in.)

After a nine-year absence, the fiercely resourceful Native American guide Jane Whitefield is back, in the latest superb thriller by award-winning author Thomas Perry.

For more than a decade, Jane pursued her unusual profession: "I'm a guide . . . I show people how to go from places where somebody is trying to kill them to other places where nobody is." Then she promised her husband she would never work again, and settled in to live a happy, quiet life as Jane McKinnon, the wife of a surgeon in Amherst, New York. But when a bomb goes off in the middle of a hospital fundraiser, Jane finds herself face to face with the cause of the explosion: a young pregnant girl who has been tracked across the country by a team of hired hunters. That night, regardless of what she wants or the vow she's made to her husband, Jane must come back to transform one more victim into a runner. And her quest for safety sets in motion a mission that will be a rescue operation—or a chance for revenge.


Dark WatersDARK WATERS by Deborah Sheldon (Readers of this blog know I loved Sheldon's Aussie noir novlla, RONNIE AND RITA and DARK WATERS looks to be more of the good stuff)

Brendan Reilly, a.k.a. Danny Boy, is a veteran of the Overlords, a Melbourne outlaw motorcycle club. 

A near-fatal accident leads him to an epiphany: he is determined to quit the life and reconnect with his ex-wife and son. 


At the same time, the Overlords are preparing for war against a rival gang, the Golden Jackals, and with Brendan’s loyalty in question he is pushed further into the war when all he wants is a way out.


Dark Waters is an exploration of love, duty and redemption played against the backdrop of Australia’s criminal underbelly.


Valiant Masters: Shadowman Volume 1 - Spirits Within HcValiant Masters: SHADOWMAN VOL.1 - SPIRITS WITHIN (This is a vastly different look to the 2012 rebooted Shadowman (now discontinued/on-hold) and one that I hope makes a comeback in some form. Shadowman is such a cool concept and I hope Valiant revisit the character soon.) 

Jack Boniface nearly died one night - attacked by something out of a nightmare. But since that terrifying experience something has changed. Now, when darkness falls, a feeling comes over him, an urge to destroy the demons that would defile the New Orleans night. Wild, reckless, and hell-bent on eliminating evil in all its forms, Jack is now his city's new protector - the nocturnal avenger simply called Shadowman. A deluxe hardcover collecting Shadowman's legendary first appearance in the original Valiant Universe, featuring classic work by Steve Ditko, Steve Englehart, Bob Hall, David Lapham, Jim Shooter, and more, this volume collects Shadowman (1992) #0-7, and material from Darque Passages (1994) #1.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting variety of books. I hope you enjoy them all. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the lead character of Runner, I've made a note of the author.
    Have a great reading week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about finished with Runner - great characters and is new reader friendly despite being a 'series' book.

      Delete