Monday, April 20, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey. In order to get some consistency to my posting I thought I’d jump on board this great idea. As a self-proclaimed bookaholic, I love talking about my books and finding out what others are reading.

Here's what I'm reading this week: 


The Broken Eye (Lightbringer, #3)THE BROKEN EYE (Lightbringer #3) by Brent Weeks (I'm almost done with this one and its been a struggle at times. No a lot actually happens which is a little frustrating considering the lengthy page count but I'm persevering!).

As the old gods awaken, the Chromeria is in a race to find its lost Prism, the only man who may be able to stop catastrophe, Gavin Guile. But Gavin's enslaved on a galley, and when he finally escapes, he finds himself in less than friendly hands. Without the ability to draft which has defined him . . .

Meanwhile, the Color Prince's army continues its inexorable advance, having swallowed two of the seven satrapies, they now invade the Blood Forest. Andross Guile, thinking his son Gavin lost, tasks his two grandsons with stopping the advance. Kip and his psychopathic half-brother Zymun will compete for the ultimate prize: who will become the next Prism.


The Last Command (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #3)THE LAST COMMAND (The Thrawn Trilogy #3) by Timothy Zahn (I've been meaning to finish reading this trilogy for a while now and so far am enjoying this.) 

The embattled Republic reels from the attacks of Grand Admiral Thrawn, who has marshaled the remnants of the Imperial forces and driven the Rebels back with an abominable technology recovered from the Emperor's secret fortress: clone soldiers. As Thrawn mounts his final siege, Han and Chewbacca struggle to form a coalition of smugglers for a last-ditch attack against the empire, while Leia holds the Alliance together and prepares for the birth of her Jedi twins. Overwhelmed by the ships and clones at Thrawn's command, the Republic has one last hope--sending a small force, led by Luke Skywalker, into the very stronghold that houses Thrawn's terrible cloning machines. There a final danger awaits, as the Dark Jedi C'baoth directs the battle against the Rebels and builds his strength to finish what he had already started: the destruction of Luke Skywalker.

4 comments:

  1. Are you geeking out about the new Star Wars movie yet? I've been seeing the trailer everywhere!
    Have a great reading week, Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am - I can't tell you how many times I've watched the trailer!

      Delete
  2. The Thrawn Trilogy was fantastic. I read it back when it first came out, before we had any inkling of episodes I-III, much less the promise of VII. It's a shame Disney chose to discard the expanded universe, because there's so much here I'd love to see on the screen - Thrawn and Mara Jade included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrawn, Mara Jade, Karrde, clone jedi C'baoth are all fantasic characters that I hope aren't discarded entirely. Author Chug Wendig has a book out in Sept which is post Episode VI, I'm interested to read that to see where it sits in the new cannon and if it completely ignores this trilogy... irrespective, it should be a cracking read.

      Delete