Monday, August 24, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey. In order to get some consistency to my posting I thought I’d jump on board this great idea. As a self-proclaimed bookaholic, I love talking about my books and finding out what others are reading.

Last week I posted the following reviews:


LOST BOI by Sassafras Lowrey (A retelling of Peter Pan)

THOSE WE LEFT BEHIND by Stuart Neville (emotionally charged crime fiction)

CATCH ME WHEN I FALL by Nicci French (a book that reads as a 2 in 1 such is the different character focus)

Here's my fantasy themed reads for the week (continuing from my recent Friday Finds post):

King of the BastardsKING OF THE BASTARDS by Brian Keene

Part sword and sorcery, part extreme horror, King of the Bastards is wild adventure across seas, beaches, and mountains full of horrifying monstrosities, dark magic, and demonic entities. 

Rogan has been many things in his life as an adventurer — a barbarian, a thief, a buccaneer, a rogue, a lover, a reaver, and most recently, a king. Now, this prehistoric bane of wizards and tyrants finds himself without a kingdom, lost in a terrifying new world, and fighting for his life against pirates, zombies, and the demonic entity known as Meeble. And even if he defeats his foes, Rogan must still find a way to return home, regain his throne, save his loved ones, and remind everyone why he's the KING OF THE BASTARDS. 


A Princess of Mars (Barsoom, #1)THE PRINCESS OF MARS by Edgar Rice Burroughs

1866 Arizona, Confederate officer John Carter, Gentleman of Virginia, forever aged 30, wakes naked on Mars. Low gravity increases his speed and strength exponentially, so he impresses green alien Thark captors with fighting, wins high rank. He frees Dejah Thoris, Princess of red men in Helium, only to lose her to the Prince of opposing red Zodanga.

4 comments:

  1. I've Only read Nicci French's Frieda Kline series, which I have enjoyed.

    Have a great week Josh
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend this one! Same to you!

      Delete
  2. I think I read some of those John Carter books years ago. I hope you enjoy the one you are reading. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've read any of them. Enjoying it so far - wouldn't say it's the best book I've read but still an entertaining enough read :-)

      Delete