Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Year in Reading - 2015

I read 119 books in 2015, my lowest since 2010 and also the first time I've dropped below 150 (since 2010). The drop-off is largely attributed to time - simply not having enough to indulge in my favorite pastime and, wading through a higher than usual number of books that just didn't work for me. 

On the plus side I read a bunch of very entertaining books by some new and familiar authors. 

2015 also saw a change in my preferred reading medium with a pleasant return to physical books. In the past couple of years my reading has been a 50/50 split between physical and ebooks whereas this year around 80% of my reads were physical. There's just something about having a book in hand... 

I also dabbled in audiobooks for the first time earlier this year but found they didn't really 'do it' for me. 

Here are some of my top reads of 2015, as usual it's an eclectic mix (click on the link to read my review):

    

PERFIDIA by James Ellroy

THE MALTESE FALCON by Dashiell Hammett

CANARY by Duane Swierczynski

    

THE RING OF IKRIBU by David C. Smith (Red Sonja)

THE FAT MEXICAN by Alex Cane

ALL THE LITTLE PIECES by Jilliane Hoffman

    

ZER0ES by Chuck Wendig

BROTHER by Ania Ahlborn

BAT OUT OF HELL by Alan Gold

Happy reading! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year and good luck with your goals for 2016

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete