This is the third year I'm posting my New Years Bookish Resolutions.
You can read last years post here: 2015 Bookish Resolutions.
Looking back I didn't quite achieve all I had set out to (again) but that's part of fun of it.
Below are my 2016 bookish resolutions:
- Read my own damn books - I have a lengthy TBR pile which means less focus on review and library books and more on reading the books I spent time acquiring.
- Read the books I want to read - I go through phases reading what I think I should be reading (for review mainly) rather than reading books I WANT to read. Time to change things up in 2016!
- Continue re-reading my favorites - I love re-reading and returning to some of my previously read books was a constant theme in 2015. More of the same in 2016.
- Read slower - I want to enjoy and savor my reads. This will lead to less books being read in 2016 but I think it will help rekindle my love of books.
- Goodreads Challenge - I was thinking of not having one in 2016 but I know I will so, inline with my earlier resolution, I'm setting the bar at 50. This is half of my 2015 challenge.
- Read bigger books - I have some meaty reads in my TBR which I haven't delved into, in part because of my high Goodreads Challenge, with that changing I look forward to spending time with these bricks of books.